Sunday, October 19, 2008

Honk and Helen

How awesome is this! A dear friend, Erik, set us a link to a wonderful blog that we will be following. Here's the text of his e-mail:

This sounds like a very cool project - thought you’d be interested!
http://honkandhelen.blogspot.com/
“Honk and Helen raised corn, soybeans and cattle. He also worked on the railroad, for the old Monon line, and Helen was an RN… Helen was also a diarist - and I recovered her papers covering the years 1953-54 and 1973-74 from the flotsam and jetsam after the auction. These are the diaries that will be preserved on this blog.
Starting November 1st, I will post here the contents of the 1953-54 diary, which runs to December 1st, 1954. The following August (2010) I'll start the contents of the 1973-74 diary, which runs to September 7th, 1974. There won't be a post every day - the blog will follow the diary, and Helen didn't write every day.”

Enjoy!
Erik


Bryan (my hubby) grew up on a family farm in southwest Indiana and I love going back to visit. It is absolutely the heartland, in more ways than one! I look forward to the warm feelings I will have following this blog, and I hope you enjoy it too!

To preserving our history.
Robin

No comments: