Sunday, October 12, 2008

Harvest Festival

Wow. We went to the Shelton Vineyards and Winery this afternoon to enjoy some great weather, lovely views, and good ole Carolina blue grass music. My nephew's step-father is playing in a blue grass band, and they had not seen each other in about 10 years. It was a wonderful reunion, and the kids (all five of them) had a blast. Hay ride, feeding fish, listening to great music, running in the grass, looking at the old tractors, it was a blast!

In the process, I met several people who are amazing artists. Who knew that people made candles out of soy oil? (I sure didn't) - and some amazing painted glassware, kind of stained glass style. Beautiful hand crafted knitwork and crochet, hand crafted jewelry and woodwork. Wow! I think I'll be able to hook some of these wonderful vendors up with people who have shops and take consignment work. And maybe I can help someone get set up for full time self employment!

And I met a couple of groups that are doing fundraising and I gave them my contact info.

And we bought two huge boxes of apples, Golden Delicious and Winesap. Yummy!

The moral, take time out for fun and you will still make a difference in people's lives!

Smile and bring some joy to someone else today!
joyfully!
Robin

No comments: