Thursday, August 21, 2008

Who made a difference for you?

Thinking about the people who have made a difference in my life, I find a common thread. My parents, my business coaches, brothers and sisters, in-laws, significant managers, others in the family. They all believed I was more than capable of doing something special, at least in one area of my life. And they told me so. Often. I never doubted how they thought of me.

When I think of them all, the greatest gift they gave me was to believe in myself. And it has shown up in interesting ways. Going to law school in my late 30s while working full time, no problem. Starting up and running several successful businesses over the years, done deal. Having an incredible marriage because we work at it and because I believed I was worthy of being married to such an incredible man; it's a given.

The most important part, I am obligated to pass it forward. If you notice that I'm not, will you remind me please? Thanks!

No comments: